The Smart Data Smart Region course is designed for HEI, VET and Business Support providers who have a keen interest in encouraging and supporting the improvement of the understanding and application of Smart Data within a wide range of organisations.
This course will focus on improving teacher, tutor and practitioner insight into how Big and Smart data can be used to advance learning, upgrade business models, and improve commercial efficiency. It is vitally important that groups advance their organisation and internal frameworks by utilising Smart data, internal and external, to make required decisions.
By providing the knowledge base required for a shift towards a “Smarter Region” the Smart Data project aims to give unbridled access to high quality materials, examples and case studies which will be invaluable to those implementing their new data regime. Those VET and businesses who are actively looking at updating their data streams and how they are managed and analysed, will gain confidence in their abilities by completing the Classroom course for Smart Data as outlined below.
The materials are designed for various uses. The course can be delivered as a complete curriculum or parts of it might be integrated to supplement other courses. All materials are provided as open source and each section of this course offers a variety of additional online materials such as case studies and activities about the topic.
As some learners might want to learn the content (or just parts of it) individually, all modules and additional learning resources are provided online.
Teachers, tutors and business people alike, can also use the course on their own for professional development. Information about how we suggest the materials can be used are provided at the beginning of each trainer’s guide for each module.
The course can be used in a classroom environment as well as a self-contained distance learning course.
Classroom Course Components
The syllabus of the Smart Data Smart Regions classroom course is divided into 6 different units called modules, each of them focusing on different aspects of Smart Data, how it can be applied and its benefits.
Module 1: Introduction to Big and Smart
Module 2: Improving Current Business Model with Own Data
Module 3: Improving Current Business Model with External Data
Module 4: Data to drive Business models
Module 5: Legislation
Module 6: Future of Smart Data
Each Module has different training resources these will include:
- A PowerPoint/PDF Presentation – again this is to be used in conjunction with the Tutor’s Guide, this is a suggested course and includes the materials and activities. If it is your first time delivering the course, this is a good starting point.
- Case Studies- such materials can add value and compliment the learner’s understanding.
- Trainers Guide- this can assist tutors, teachers or those delivering these modules to their organisation, in order to provide the highest quality training.
- Additional Resources- These will enhance the learning experience and provide extra reading for those wishing to expand on what they learn from each module.
- Learners Workbook– each module has a workbook that compliments each PowerPoint and other resources.
- Quiz- Throughout the modules there will be quizzes to test your knowledge
You can download the course (PowerPoints, Learner Workbooks and a Trainer’s Guide) as a zip file.
You do not need to use the materials in any particular order. If you want to concentrate on a specific topic you can jump in at your point of interest – although using the whole course is suggested for optimal understanding.
Download the Classroom Course
Please click the link below to download the Classroom Course. To access the file simply “Right Click” on the downloaded Zip file and choose “un-zip” or “uncompress” based on your Operating System. This will produce a folder on your computer with all of the necessary files.